PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO PROVISIONS THAT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY AND TERMS OF GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION, WHICH MAY APPEAR IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
1 ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
1.2 Mathelshop.com may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended and restated Agreement on the Site. The amended and restated Agreement shall be effective immediately upon posting. Posting by Mathelshop.com of the amended and restated Agreement and your continued use of the Service shall be deemed to be acceptance of the amended terms.
2 THE SERVICE
2.1 The Service will be offered for an unspecified time period unless terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.2.2 The Service will have the following core features (which may be added to or modified, or suspended for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance purposes, from time to time at the sole discretion of Mathelshop.com and notified to you) (“Member Benefits“):
- Company Profile – allows each Member to display and edit basic information about its business, such as business profile picture, cover page picture, phone number, basic details, products and services offered, etc.
- Products – allows each Member to display and edit descriptions, specifications and images of at least 5 products.
- Unlimited Buyer Trade Lead Posting – allows each Member to post on the Site for public display offers to buy products and services from other users of the Site.
2.3 Mathelshop.com may suspend or terminate all or part of the above Member Benefits at any time in its sole discretion. Mathelshop.com reserves the right to charge for the Service or any feature or functionality of the Service at any time in its sole discretion.
2.4 Benefits, features and functions available to a Member may vary for different countries and regions. No warranty or representation is given that a particular feature or function or the same type and extent of features and functions will be available.
2.5 The availability of any transactional features and functions on the Site to any Member may be conditional on verification of Member’s identity and/or its designated bank account by Mathelshop.com and/or its approved independent third parties.
2.6 Mathelshop.com shall issue a Member ID and Password (the latter shall be chosen by the Member during registration) to each Member to access the Service through such Member’s Account. Each Member shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its Member ID and Password and for all activities that occur under the Member ID and Password. A set of Member ID and Password is unique to a single Account and no Member shall share, assign or permit the use of its Account, Member ID or Password to another person outside of the Member’s business entity. Each Member acknowledges that sharing of its Account with other persons, or allowing multiple users outside of its business entity to use its Account (collectively, “multiple use"), may cause irreparable harm to Mathelshop.com and each Member shall indemnify Mathelshop.com against any loss or damages (including but not limited to loss of profits) suffered by Mathelshop.com as a result of such multiple use of an Account. Each Member hereby undertakes to notify Mathelshop.com immediately of any unauthorized use of its Account, Member ID or Password or any other breach of security. Each Member hereby agrees that Mathelshop.com shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from the Member’s failure to comply with this paragraph.
2.7 Mathelshop.com reserves the right to change, upgrade, modify, limit or suspend the Service or any of its related functionalities or applications at any time temporarily or permanently without prior notice. Mathelshop.com further reserves the right to introduce new features, functionalities, applications or conditions to the Service or to future versions of the Service. All new features, functionalities, applications, conditions, modifications, upgrades and alterations shall be governed by this Agreement, unless otherwise stated by Mathelshop.com.
2.8 Each Member acknowledges that inability to use the Service wholly or partially for whatever reason may have adverse effects on its business. Each Member hereby agrees that in no event shall Mathelshop.com be liable to the Member or any third parties for any inability to use the Service (whether due to disruption, changes to or termination of the Service or otherwise), any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions with respect to any communications or transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or any damage (direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use of or inability to use the Service.
2.9 If your registration was completed or the email address you used for your registration has already been registered with other Mathels Sites, you will not be granted access to the Site. You hereby represent and agree to authorize Mathelshop.com to provide all the information associated with your Member ID to the Mathels Sites for the purpose of facilitating your easy and fast access to the Mathels Sites. Your responsibilities with regard to the mathels Username shall apply to the same terms and conditions in connection with the Member ID as prescribed under this Agreement. Mathelshop.com reserves the right, without prior notice and at its sole discretion, to suspend, restrict or deny access to or use of your mathels account and services provided by Mathelshop.com and Mathels Sites if you: (a) use the services provided by Mathelshop.com, the Sites and the Mathels Sites to defraud any person or entity; (b) engage in any unlawful activities including without limitation those which would constitute the infringement of intellectual property rights, a civil liability or a criminal offence; (c) engage in any activities that would otherwise create any liability for Mathelshop.com, the Sites or the Mathel concepts Business.
3 MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1 Each Member hereby represents, warrants and agrees to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about itself and its business references as may be required by Mathelshop.com and (b) maintain and promptly amend all information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Each Member hereby grants an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and royalty-, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to Mathelshop.com to display and use all information provided by such Member in accordance with the purposes set forth in this Agreement and to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in such material or information, in any media now known or not currently known.
3.2 Each Member hereby represents, warrants and agrees that the use by such Member of the Service and the Site shall not:
- contain fraudulent information or make fraudulent offers of items or involve the sale or attempted sale of counterfeit or stolen items or items whose sales and/or marketing is prohibited by applicable law, or otherwise promote other illegal activities
- be part of a scheme to defraud other Members or other users of the Site or for any other unlawful purpose;
- infringe or otherwise abet or encourage the infringement or violation of any third party’s copyright, patent, trademarks, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity and privacy or other legitimate rights;
- impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- contain information that is defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- contain information that is obscene or contain or infer any pornography or sex-related merchandising or any other content or otherwise promotes sexually explicit materials or is otherwise harmful to minors;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- contain any material that constitutes unauthorized advertising or harassment (including but not limited to spamming), invades anyone’s privacy or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or regulation
- involve attempts to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate Mathelshop.com’s various proprietary directories, databases and listings
- involve any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information;
- involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the computer systems or networks used by Mathelshop.com and/or any user of the Service and no Member shall attempt to gain unauthorized access to such computer systems or networks;
- otherwise create any liability for Mathelshop.com or its affiliates.
3.3 Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that with regards to information about or posted on behalf of any business referee, it has obtained all necessary consents, approvals and waivers from its business partners and associates to (a) act as such Member’s business referee; (b) to post and publish their contact details and information, reference letters and comments on their behalf; and (c) that third parties may contact such business referees to support claims or statements made about the Member. Each Member further warrants that all reference letters and comments are true and accurate and hereby waives all requirements for such Member’s consent to be obtained before third parties may contact the business referees.
3.4 Member shall not take any action which may undermine the integrity of Mathelshop.com’s feedback system, such as leaving positive feedback for himself using secondary Member IDs or through third parties or by leaving unsubstantiated negative feedback for another Member.
3.5 Each Member acknowledges and agrees that Mathelshop.com shall not be required to actively monitor nor exercise any editorial control whatsoever over the content of any message or other material or information created, obtained or accessible through the Service. Mathelshop.com does not endorse, verify or otherwise certify the contents of any comments or other material or information made by any Member. Each Member is solely responsible for the contents of their communications and may be held legally liable or accountable for the content of their comments or other material or information.
3.6 Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that it has obtained all necessary third party licenses and permissions and shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any material or information it posts on the Site or provides to Mathelshop.com or authorizes Mathelshop.com to display does not violate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secrets or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights. Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that it has the right and authority to sell, distribute or offer to sell or distribute the products described in the material or information it posts on the Site or provides to Mathelshop.com or authorizes Mathelshop.com to display.
4 TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN BUYERS AND SUPPLIERS
4.1 Through the Sites, Mathelshop.com provides an electronic web-based platform for exchanging information and concluding sale and purchase transactions of products and services online between buyers and suppliers. Mathelshop.com reserves the right to limit certain features and functions of the platform to prescribed Members. Despite the provision of the platform through the Site, Mathelshop.com does not represent the seller or the buyer in specific transactions whether or not such transactions are made on or via the Site. Mathelshop.com does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Site or the ability of the suppliers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
4.2 Members are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretences. Mathelshop.com uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our users provide us when they register on the Sites. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, Mathelshop.com cannot and does not confirm each member’s purported identity shown on the Sites and can only use reasonable efforts to verify the personal identity of the representative of a seller opening a storefront on www.mathelshop.com according to the applicable laws in that particular country. We encourage you to use the various tools available on the Site, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing with.
4.3 Each Member acknowledges that it is fully assuming the risks of purchase and sale transactions when using the Site to conduct transactions. Such risks shall include, but not limited to, mis-representation of products and services, fraudulent schemes, unsatisfactory quality, failure to meet specifications, defective products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost mis-calculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract and transportation accidents (“Transaction Risks"). Each Member agrees that Mathelshop.com shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, liabilities, costs, harms, inconveniences, business disruptions or expenditures of any kind that may arise as a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks.
4.4 Members are solely responsible for all of the terms and conditions of the transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Site, including, without limitation, terms regarding payment, returns, warranties, shipping, insurance, fees, taxes, title, licenses, fines, permits, handling, transportation and storage.
4.5 Member agrees to provide all information and materials as may be reasonably required by Mathelshop.com in connection with its transactions made via the transactional platform on the Site. Mathelshop.com has the right to suspend or terminate any Member’s Account if the Member fails to provide the required information and materials.
4.6 In the event that any Member has a dispute with any party to a transaction, such Member agrees to release and indemnify Mathelshop.com (and our agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees) from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including without limitation any actual, special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with such transaction.
5. USE OF DISCUSSION BOARDS ON THE SITE
5.4 Without prejudice to each Member’s responsibilities under Clause 3 of this Agreement, each Member agrees not to use the discussion boards on the Site to:
- Upload, post or e-mail any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Harm minors in any way.
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content.
- “Stalk" or otherwise harass another.
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
- Upload, post or e-mail any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Upload, post or e-mail any content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other legitimate rights of any party.
- Upload, post or e-mail any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail", “spam", “chain letters", or any other form of solicitation.
- Upload, post or e-mail any content that contains computer viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Upload, post or e-mail any content that contains a complaint regarding Mathelshop.com’s services or refers to such a complaint on the Site or to any other Members; any such complaint must be directed to the customer service e-mail(firstname.lastname@example.org) on the Site.
- violate any applicable national or internal laws or regulations.
5.9 Mathelshop.com reserves the right to take whatever action it deems necessary to prevent a Member’s breach of Clause 5.4 including the following:
- Issue a warning letter to the relevant Member (where the breaches are deemed by Mathelshop.com to be minor); or
- Ban the relevant Member from discussion boards on the Site (where the breaches are deemed by Mathelshop.com to be major).
All incidents will be logged and Mathelshop.com’s decision shall be final in all such cases.
6 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND MATHELSHOP.COM HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, UNDERTAKINGS AND TERMS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
6.2 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MATHELSHOP.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE VALIDITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, STABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CURRENTNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
6.3 Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at each Member’s sole discretion and risk and each Member is solely responsible for any damage to its computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any Member from Mathelshop.com or through or from the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement.
6.4 The Site may make available to User services or products provided by independent third parties. No warranty or representation is made with regard to such services or products. In no event shall Mathelshop.com and its affiliates be held liable for any such services or products.
6.5 Under no circumstances shall Mathelshop.com be held liable for an delay or failure or disruption of the Service resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, transportation hitches, shortages of labor or materials, fires, flood, storms, explosions, Acts of God, acts of man, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance of third parties.
6.6 Mathelshop.com shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of information), whether in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise or any other damages resulting from any of the following:
- The use or the inability to use the Service.
- Any defect in goods, samples, data, information or services purchased or obtained from a Member or a third-party service provider through the Site.
- Unauthorized access by third parties to data or private information of any Member.
- Statements or conduct of any user of the Site.
- Any other matter relating to the Service however arising, including negligence.
6.7 Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, the aggregate liability of Mathelshop.com, its employees, agents, affiliates, representatives or anyone acting on its behalf with respect to each Member for all claims arising from the use of the Service or the Site shall be limited to $13. The preceding sentence shall not preclude the requirement by the Member to prove actual damages. All claims arising from the use of the Service must be filed within either one (1) year from the date the cause of action arose or such longer period as prescribed under any applicable law governing this Agreement.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
7.1 Mathelshop.com is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights to the Service. The Service embodies trade secrets and intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Service shall remain with Mathelshop.com or its affiliates. All rights not otherwise claimed under this Agreement or by Mathelshop.com are hereby reserved.
7.2 “MATHELS", “MATHELSHOP.COM" and related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of Mathel Concept Limited, “MATHELS" and related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of Mathel Concept Limited in various jurisdictions and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.